Create art in a modern way
When it comes to creating websites, or anything that is online it can’t be bland. If you look through books and almost anywhere to be exact you will always find some form of art, with colors and pictures radiating off the things. And if it there in the real world why can’t it be done online too? Well it can, this is what is know as graphic design. When people hear about this they automatically assume that it is straight for online purposes, but the truth is there is so much more than that.
Graphic designing is a form of art, it is just not done on a piece of paper with a pencil. There are specific software’s that need to be installed in order to create images, logos and much more. Having the right kind of software will make things so much easier, not only will it speed up the process but it will also render the quality of the images to a much better form. Having the best graphic design software is exactly what you need if you’re a graphic designer. So make sure that you do your research and find one that it beneficial, and will make things easier for you.
What is graphic design?
For those of you who don’t know what this is well let me explain. Graphic designing is a craft, it creates visuals that are able to tell a story, and communicate a certain message using images, various page layouts, typography in order to meet the user’s needs. It will work on the displaying a more interactive design to enhance the user’s experience.
Many consider this to be an emotional design, because it takes into account the psychology of people. This means that people perceive things differently, the visual aspect is important, so designers have to try to implement that into their work. They will consider the color, to reuse it and have it adjusted to the reading pattern, this is known as audience culture. They also take into account the symmetry and balance, the flow of the project, how much of repetition is needed and used. Also there will be a certain pattern that is introduced into the project, along with the golden ratio, these are the proportions that will catch the eye of others. Furthermore there is something called the rule of thirds, this is how the users’ eyes recognize a good layout. And lastly typography, this is where the fonts, font size and font colors are taken into account. This is all that has to do with graphic designing.
When it comes to this there isn’t just one type, there are 8 types actually, they are:
- Visual and identity graphic design; these are logos made for stakeholders, or any business personnel.
- Marketing and advertising graphic design; postcards, posters, brochures and more.
- User interface graphic design; web page designs, theme designs and so on.
- Publication graphic design; books, newspapers and so on can be taken here.
- Packaging graphic design; these are usually the labels that go on products.
- Motion graphic design; these are trailers, animated logos, presentations, etc.
- Environmental graphic design; these can be wall murals, office branding, etc.
- Art and illustration for graphic design; these are like t-shirts, and graphic novels.
Now the thing about graphic designing is that it cannot be done on a sketchpad, there are too many variables that have to be taken into account depending on the project that can’t be done with paper. So it’s important to choose the best graphic design software to enhance the quality of your designs.
Graphic designing software is a collection of programs that allows a person to manipulate the images into whatever way they like on a computer. There are various types of software. Namely:
- Photoshop: this is one of the best, it works on both Mac and Windows. It is smooth and the performance is highly improved, but the some of the tool lack visibility, and there is no perpetual license.
- GIMP: this is an alternative to Photoshop, it is very easy to use, with the UI being bright and modern. But sometimes there are a few bugs that have to be dealt with.
- Illustrator: this is great for beginners, there is a touch type tool, so makes it easy to use. It is available for both Mac and Windows. However the price is pretty high.
- Inkscape: this is a professional tool, the best thing about this is that it is free, and has endless filters. But it is extremely slow.
- CorelDraw: on this the interface customization is ideal, the designs are very fresh. However there is no Mac version, and tools are hard to learn for beginners.
- Adobe InDesign: the features are unbelievable, it is easy to use, but there are limited tools for graphic designing as it is more based on text.
- Coral paintshop: this as auto edit options, but it is only compatible with Windows, so Mac users miss out.
The advantages and disadvantages of using graphic design software
When it comes to using software it will be great because it makes things so much easier. First of all there are so many tools that allows you to use get the work done faster and make it more detailed as well. Plus using the software allows you to have more smooth consistent work, and you can always start from where you left off. So this is good because you won’t have to look through all those portfolios to look for your work.
However these are done on the computer, that means bugs and viruses could be an issue, so you could end up loosing all your work is such a thing occurs. And sometimes it takes time to learn about all the tools and how to use them, so this could also be an issue. But with time and practice it shouldn’t be that hard to do. Overall you can’t just figure it out immediately.